The following information will profile some of the different areas that are considered possible target locations for a Blind Onion Pizza and Pub.
A weekday business location providing daily lunch traffic from high-density employment corridors such as central business districts, suburban high occupancy office or tech centers. These sites typically are:
- Downtown or Central Business districts that draw from the high level of pedestrian traffic. Ideally 6000 employees within a four block radius or a 5 minute walking time
- Urban or Suburban areas within reasonable distance to high-density office buildings, tech centers or other heavy daytime employment centers. Ideally 10,000 daytime population in a 1 mile radius.
A midtown or urban area that has both vehicle and pedestrian traffic. This area has a mix of office, commercial, retail and residential uses. It shows strong at lunch and has the potential for additional evening and weekend business from the residential and retail portions. Some determining factors for selecting this location might include:
- Area age group of 25 to 54 years old.
- Occupations in the area are mixed professions.
- Income is middle to upper. $30,000 median.
- 10,000 daytime population within a 5 minute drive time.
A Suburban location with heavy residential traffic. The trend would be for more lunch than dinner business. Store visibility and signage are important here to increase store awareness. Areas providing strong neighborhood shopping opportunities with multiple customer trips per week such as grocery, video and drug stores or Super Centers and health clubs.
- Residential population is a minimum of 35,000 in a three mile radius.
- Housing in the area is single and multi-family dwellings over 85% occupied.
- Retail Shopping consisting of heavy traffic regional or neighborhood centers.
REGIONAL SHOPPING CENTER
Typically found in suburban areas but can also be in Central Business Districts. Each provides excellent traffic potential at different time periods for lunch, evening and weekend business.
- Minimum size is 500,000 to 1,000,000 gross lease area with two good anchor tenants.
- Preferable to be in a food court location.
- Existing mall sales per square foot is over $250 (not including anchors)
- 100,000 population within a 10 mile radius.
- No existing or proposed mall location in the immediate trade area that would impact sales.
- Good store visibility from foot traffic.
- Minimum 25 feet store front.
- High identity storefront in heavy traffic area.
- Ground floor corner in Central Business District.
- Regional mall food court.
- Freestanding building or shared pad site.
- Strip center end cap in high traffic area.
- Strong neighborhood retail centers. End cap location.
- Mini stores in Stadiums or Hospitals.
- 1600 to 4000 square feet.
- Rent / Lease less than 10% of anticipated gross sales.
- Interior seating from 40 to 140.
- Patio or outdoor seating if available.
- Frontage of minimum 25 feet.
- Set back from main street to be no more than 150 feet.
- Location to accept an exterior sign package (pylon and building) as allowed by local ordinance.
- Sign visibility from main street and parking lot.
- Minimum of 20 dedicated car parks or per local code.
- Full turn access into and out of the property.
- Minimum 25,000 cars per average weekday on main road.
- Minimum 35,000 cars per average weekday through primary intersection.
- Signalized intersection.
- Speed limit is 35 MPH or less.
- Heavy potential weekday pedestrian counts.
This information is not an offering of a franchise, or the solicitation of an offering to buy, a franchise. It is intended for informational purposes only. An offering can only be made by prospectus according to applicable federal and state law. No franchises are sold by Onion Franchise Group, LLC, until all applicable federal and state laws have been complied with via the delivery of a disclosure document to the prospective purchaser. There are approximately 14 countries and 15 US states that regulate the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these states or countries, are receiving this message in one of those states or countries or intend to operate a franchise in any of these states or countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with any applicable pre-sale registration and/or disclosures requirements in the applicable jurisdiction.